Saturday 8 December 2012

ZXX Review Lego LotR

My lovely other half bought me this for my birthday this year. A thoughtful gift since I love Lego, their games and Lord of the Rings. How was he supposed to know that it was a buggy bag o' shite!

I knew going in that there would be bugs, it is a Lego game after all. I played it most of its release weekend so I didn't hear about the game breaking glitches until later in the week. OK  to be fair it's not game breaking completely, more Achievement broken, which is just as serious a crime as game breaking in my eyes. I have now relegated it back to the shelf until TT decide to release a patch, which may be never. Is it just me or top releases getting buggier every year. Dear game producers out there, can you answer this for me? So it's a little ruined for me and this makes me sad as on the whole it's a fantastic game and a clever interpretation of the movies. Sam Gamgee smacking things on the head with a frying pan, and stomping up Isengard as Treebeard. Oh and the disco ball, how I love that.


Note to self: Get as ringtone for phone.

If the game wasn't buggy, I'd have 100% on my achievements and finsh it with a feeling of satisfaction, instead, I feel slightly used and dirty like a tissue. This makes me a little sad.

As a programmer, and as a human, I have an almost OCD obsession with perfection (which does not extend to spelling!) which means I won't move on with something unless it's up to my standards. A stupid thing to do as it leads to project destroying ruts, and I know perfection is impossible. Every time you think you have it, something else glitters slightly less perfect and the perfect thing drifts out of your grasp again. It's knowing when to let go when it's good enough but not too soon because it will be shit. Of course this does not apply to last minute uni essays, which if you know you know fuck all about it, go balls to the wall and just prey you pass.

No, that's not a metaphorr for my university career, but certainly reflects on my progression as a human and learning to let go and move on with projects. I'm having Sunday off after dealing with family stuff this week and barring some technical reading I shall be finishing Assassins Creed 2: revelations. On Monday I will be writing business plans and scouring the web for info.

Wish me luck!

//commlal

1 comment:

  1. I love the LEGO games and have pretty much all of them. The achievement system has always been broken on two player games; only one player ever gets the credit. Irritating.

    ReplyDelete